Concrete is one of the most durable materials to possibly use for flooring, but polished concrete can become dull over time and lose its shine if it is not properly maintained. Although polished concrete is not completely maintenance free, it is generally easier to maintain than other types of flooring,especially because it does not require waxing or sealants.
A routine cleaning for polished concrete floors consists of dust mopping dirt and grime away that may have accumulated on the surface of the concrete.ou should also mop your floors with a mop, soap and water on a regular basis for continued cleanliness. You should only use a neutral pH cleaner on polished concrete because any cleaner that is too acidic or alkaline will deteriorate and ruin the concrete while simultaneously dulling the floor. Make sure that the correct type of cleaning pad is also being used to clean in an effort to prevent damage. Any surface that is too hard or scratchy at all will compromise the concrete. The frequency of your cleaning regimen depends on the amount of traffic that the floor is put through. The higher the foot traffic, the more frequently your floors will need to be cleaned.
- Dust your polished concrete floor daily with a microfiber pad to keep dirt particles away.
- If you choose to mop your polished concrete floor, opt for only soap and water. You may need to use an automatic floor scrubber with a nonabrasive pad to clean large areas.
- Use a neutral floor cleaner if you choose to wet mop the floor. This will suspend dirt particles so that they can be more easily removed.
- When spills happen, clean them up as soon as possible to prevent spills from absorbing into the surface of the concrete floor.
- Be patient. Give the cleaner enough time to break down and suspend the particles after applying. If you do not wait enough time, or if you mop the surface directly after applying, the cleaner will not work sufficiently.
- Make sure that whichever cleaning product you use does not dry on the surface. Opt for cleaning the concrete in small areas to make sure that the entire process is done before moving onto another area.
- Use area rugs or mats in high-traffic areas or entryways to capture dirt before it reaches the floor.
- Always contact a professional if you have any questions or concerns regarding your polished concrete floor.
If you follow these steps to maintain and care for your polished concrete, the life of your floor will be extended. Keep up with maintenance on your concrete floors to keep the charm and quality intact and they will last for ages.
* * * * * * * *
Custom Concrete Creations is chosen to help facilitate projects because we are the preferred custom concrete floor company, not only in Omaha, but for the greater Midwest region. No project is too big or too small for our team of seasoned experts who use state-of-the-art equipment on each and every project. We help you achieve the look of your dreams and do not consider the job done until you are happy with the results. So give us a call or contact us for your custom concrete needs today!